June 10, 2017

Anita Vacation Tote Bag - Black, Red and Linen Version

Hello, Friends!
Are you going to be traveling this summer?
I took some business trips recently,
so I made myself a new tote bag.



Do you recognize the pattern?
It's my very own "Anita Vacation Tote Bag" design,
available as a PDF pattern here on Craftsy, or


For this latest version,
I wanted a mostly-neutral bag that would go with
a lot of my business wear.



The main exterior fabric is a floral print
from the original Mama Said Sew line
The contrasting fabric near the top of the bag 


The interior of the bag is also made from
the Essex Linen.
I find it to be very durable, especially when interfaced with
Pellon 987F fusible fleece, as I do for all of my purses.


Inside my bag, along one edge,
I use a strip of pockets,
to keep my sunglasses and other key items handy.


How do you like that cute zippered inside pocket?
For the inside of the pocket, I used a coordinating Sweetwater print,
from Volume II. 


What about that magnetic snap closure?
If you don't know how to add those,
my pattern will teach you...it's sew easy!


Even if you're not going on a vacation,
They make an excellent gift for a new grad!


Come back soon...we'll chat about this sweet pouch
that I also made, to coordinate with my new Anita Vacation Tote Bag.





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your Anita Tote bag pattern is the best bag pattern I have EVER made. The zip pocket is simplicity itself and your instructions meant I couldn't do any wrong. Love it Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and so functional! That's the best kind of bag!! Love how much this bag holds, and these fabrics together!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.