July 6, 2015

Sweetwater Hometown Reversible Table Runner

I've got something fun to share with you today!
Remember those snowball-styled blocks 
for a Jump Ring quilt that
I showed you in this post???


Well...I used eight of the finished blocks to make
this fresh new table runner!

{Fabrics are Hometown, from Sweetwater for Moda.}



I selected some texts, polka dots and stripes
in red and gray, alternating light and dark blocks.


For the finishing touch,
I used a diagonal plaid print
from Sweetwater's Feed Company line.


It's just so yummy, bundled up in this sweet roll.


Can you believe it?
This table runner is actually reversible!


I hand-stitched the binding neatly,
thank goodness!

The backing is also from Feed Company...
a recipe text print!
I think I'll try at least one of these recipes out someday.


I didn't quilt the runner heavily,
and personally I prefer it that way.
I did some straight line stitching
but left the centers of the rings unstitched.


The fabrics are so pleasant,
and I like the way they are featured
in these large blocks.


I love the way these "modern" fabrics look
with my vintage tins...
and I'm sure the table runner would really set off
a contemporary dining room, too.



I have some more blocks left over,
so I think I'll make at least one, maybe two more table runners. 
This particular one is now up for sale



Come back soon!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So Charming to use these fabrics like you have in this runner Amy! I love that plaid binding and how the runner looks with your canisters! Great photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs as usual! The runner really turned out lovely and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I really like that block, it sets the fabrics off nicely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the Jump Ring Block showcases your fabric so well! Your fabric choices are perfect, and the back is just as pretty as the front! I love that plaid binding!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and how you photograph it. You're so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.